Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions relating to training courses
1. “Us/We/Our” means Wiser Safety Management Limited (Please note that we also trade under the names of Wiser Fire Safety, Wiser Training Service, Wiser Compliance Management, Wiser Safety Products, Wiser Safety Signs, Wiser Integrated Solutions)
2. “You/Your” means the person booking the training as set out on the booking confirmation form
Booking Terms and Conditions for Open Training Courses
1. Your booking constitutes a legally binding contract. You and your employer (if applicable) are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due to Us.
2. Confirmation of your booking will be sent by email or post within 2 days of receipt. A VAT invoice will be sent separately to your accounts department. Course documentation is distributed at the time of the event.
3. We reserve the right to vary or cancel a course where the occasion necessitates and accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the course does not take place.
4. Prices may be subject to change.
5. A payment of 50% of the total cost is due at time of booking an NVQ. The remaining 50% will be due 7 days from date of invoice, following completion of the course and prior to submission of the portfolio. In respect of all other training unless otherwise agreed, full payment of the course fee is due 14 days from the date of the invoice or before the event commences, whichever is the sooner. In either case, we reserve the right to require payment in full upon booking and to refuse entry to the course if payment has not been received.
6. Cancellation: you must provide written notice if you wish to cancel your booking. If you cancel your booking, the following charges will apply:
1 – 7 days’ notice of intended cancellation – 100% Fee Payable
8 – 14 days’ notice of intended cancellation – 75% Fee Payable
15 – 28 days’ notice of intended cancellation – 50% Fee Payable
7. To the extent permitted by law, neither We nor Our presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the course or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the course, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the course material or presentation of the course. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
Online Courses Terms and Conditions
1. In addition to the general booking terms above (including for the avoidance of doubt clause 7) the following terms also apply to bookings for Online Courses.
2. Each booking is for a single user licence only, unless expressly otherwise agreed in writing by Us. You consent to Us monitoring Your usage of the E-learning portal and the courses hosted on it, in order to ensure that access has not been distributed beyond those entitled to access the Individual Online Courses under these terms.
3. When the booking has been processed, the learner will receive an automated email with login details for the Course. These are personal login details which must not be shared or made available to others inside or outside the organisation.
4. For individual course titles:
a. you will be entitled to access the Course for a period of 60 days from the date of booking, and your access to the Online Course will automatically be suspended at this time.
b. Cancellation will be permitted for five working days after the date of booking provided that the course has not been accessed during that time. We will use usage reports to ascertain if a user has accessed a course.
5. For the subscription service:
a. The minimum subscription period is 12 months and is then terminable on 1 months notice
b. The rates for the subscription service are as stated on our website. We reserve the right to change the monthly subscription rates upon giving you reasonable notice
c. Cancellation will be permitted for five working days after the date of booking provided that you have not accessed any course content during that time. We will use usage reports to ascertain if a user has accessed a course. The set-up charge is not refundable upon cancellation as this is a cost incurred by Us upon booking.
d. Access to course certification will be available to download during the 12 month period. Once this licence has expired, access to certification will not be possible by the licence user. Once the licence has expired, retrieval of certification will need to carried out by Us at a minimum charge of £80 per hour.
6. We reserve our copyright in the Online Courses and all materials and recordings associated with them, and no licence is granted for you or others in your organisation to copy, distribute or permit viewing by anyone other than the named user.
7. Usernames and passwords must be kept confidential and secure by users.
8. Users acknowledge that access to the course may be interrupted at times for maintenance, upgrades or repairs which may necessitate work being carried out at any time, including during normal business hours, and due to events beyond Our reasonable control including (without limitation) any failures of telecommunications links and equipment, or loss of internet connectivity.
Data Protection: Please refer to the GDPR statement